Due to an increasingly busy practice, Hann & Co are pleased to announce that they are recruiting for a new member of support staff for their new Edinburgh office.
This role would suit a school leaver and full training will be given although applications are welcomed from those with previous admin experience.
Hann & Co are a full service law firm based in Dumfriesshire who are extending their practice with a permanent, full-time Edinburgh Office.
We offer a full spectrum of legal services to personal and business clients. The Edinburgh office will deal with a significant volume of court work and the new member of staff will provide support to our litigation team.
This is a varied role to include court running and clerking, preparation of bundles, general office and secretarial duties as required in a busy solicitors practice. Good Standard Grade qualifications in English and Mathematics are essential.
Skills & Experience:
- Able to work on own initiative whilst appreciating when to seek assistance or guidance
- Excellent communication skills
- Good word processing, audio and IT skills
- Flexible approach
- Professional and well presented
- Daily travel to and from court and other Edinburgh firms
- Parliament House clerking:
- Court running to the Edinburgh Courts including lodging and uplifting papers
- Delivering papers to Counsel
- Deliver papers to other firms locally
- Liaise with and book Counsel
- Prepare bundles for use by solicitors and Counsel, and in court.
- Form preparation
- Intimate motions and forms of opposition
- Process photocopying requests
- Process external mail including uplifting and depositing mail
- Deal with unreferenced post
- Maintain adequate stationery levels for office
- To provide general office, administration and secretarial support
- Reception duties including booking of meeting rooms
- Collate and distribute faxes
- Dealing with general enquiries from clients and other members of the firm
- Coordinate requests for files including archived
- Open and close files
- General administration for the office